House of Bishop's safeguarding policy
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons.
Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advise from a Safeguarding Advisor or is necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns. If their is immediate risk or danger, please contact the Police on 101.
Mrs Anne Tunney
Diocesan Safeguarding Officers
07872 005189 Narinder Lyon
Mrs Ann Phillips
You can also contact the helpline’s below if you need to speak to someone.